Saturday, January 2, 2016

Hand Stamping Your Kids Names on Jewelry Gifts

  

Hand Stamping Metal Jewelry

Great Book Find


I am super excited to share with you this new book.  I bought it as soon as it came out to write a review.  I've been tinkering around with hand stamping metal for a while now.  I like to make jewelry and I think personalizing jewelry is the best.  As gifts, it makes people think you were thoughtful about the gift and I believe they treasure it more.  It's also pretty cool to make your own hand stamped jewelry.

Don't know what hand stamping is?  Hand stamping is when you take alphabet or design metal stamps and hit them with a hammer to leave an impression on metal.  You can stamp on copper, nickel, aluminum, brass, sterling silver, etc.  And the metal "blanks" come in all different shapes.  I like doing it also, it's fun.  It took me a while, but with lots of practice I got better each time. 

I bought another hand stamping book a while ago and was very disappointed.  It went too far away from hand stamping, and was also double the price!  This book concentrates only on hand stamping.  It's only a 50 page book, but it's packed with information and examples to get your mind flowing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment